Friday lecture was spent, on wasteful futility and idling away at the back of the freezing theatre. And without any form of leads, it was conveniently hard to follow through an individual rantings who somehow seemed contented echoing the wall in front. I don't usually blog about school or my lecturers. But the incident irked me too much to let the matter rest. And thank goodness for my friend, Farah, who made short and snide remarks about everything throughout the 3hrs++ lecture, I was able to sit through. =)
(After 3++hrs long, the lecturer decides to drag for a tutorial session)
Farah:"Can I just throw my shoes at him! I'm already giving up and freezing to death!..."
...(And turning to her guy friend)
"You're my main Interrupt. Be gone with you!"
(Giving the chap a queer look)...
Poor Farah. The fact that she's fasting and the wave of freezing air-con blowing right at her got the girl all cranked up. haha! And I hope she doesn't read this.
At one point, students just trickled out without him knowing. You cannot see students anyway, if all you looked at are your own slides. hehe. Although he seems like a nice, approachable and easy-going lecturer. He seemed not too bothered to reach out to the students and get them all interested and psyched in the subject. And the indefinite failure in establishing that link has made it more pathetic. I'm not against him nor am I for him either. I am at a loss for words to describe except he's out of reach and not a really good communicator in providing knowledge. Maybe what I write now are guided by emotions, and might not be justifiable for the scrutinised educator.Am I being fair? Definitely not. This is my point of view. As time passes, I might read this back and find it excessive. But I stand by what I said.
The model or a paragon educator has been marred with such individuals who isn't remotely aware of one's lackings. I once thought that sharing knowledge was such noble and modest jobs in the world through movies as Dead Poets Society and reading To Sir, With Love. Now, I'm having second thoughts but not quite enough to douse my intentions to be one. Time shall tell of the directions to take.
There are times when you hold on to something for the sake of being stubborn. The principality: Its the guiding precept.
No comments:
Post a Comment