Sunday, September 19, 2004

Precious moments; lost and found. Again.


"after you have been in the deepest valley,
it is only then you can appreciate the highest mountain."

My computer had just recovered from a malicious attack, by a cracker in disguised of a .NET 'pal'. My world has yet again been shaken vigourously with such torrent atrocities over an unforgettable event. The virus caught me spunned 360dgrs totally off-guard, freezing all other applications and rendering the impossible for any further repairs to be issued. It works thru a sequential and incredulously fast-paced virus transfer from one application to another.

In just a few seconds, I was held maimed gaping stupefied in front of the inactive monitor. All the signs pointing to: the untimely liberty in pointing out 'her' mistake -- or should I say in simpler terms, to "leave me unbothered". Ouch! Nice one, Syeha. I did it again, should have just gotten my mouth shut.

It threw me into 3 dull and pallid days of 'confinement' from the Virtual Reality, and I did picked up interesting life skills along the way. Like, the world isnt always made out of those pink-tinted, cotton-candy stuffs. Crackers, arent mere myths. They are just people, you and me; just heartless. They actually seeked thrills in destructing other people lives. A hard lesson, learnt. Quite embedded into my memory indeed.

Friends, no matter how sincere or how close they are to you, arent necessary the very ones; to rush to your very aide when in need. Humans will still be humans. Nothing is gotten for free, even friends. But for those few who did help, or tried to or even had some sympathies to me. I thank-you and may god bless your lives with the goodness and richness that is all-deserving. In the long run, you only have yourself to rely or blame upon.

An ode to the 'cracker'. It has been a blessing in disguise, which I took it with goodwill. No malice. I did not suffer the consequences--metaphorically. It did take guts to come to terms with the datas and vast amount of files I lost, for within that particular month. I will not brood to sleep, over this matter. I have other worrisome things on hand to occupy my thoughts upon.

Gosh, writing that out was cathartic. The liberty of free expression. :)

"Optimism is a mania for saying things are well when one is in hell-Voltaire


No comments: