Thursday, December 02, 2004

winds of change

Excerpts, pieces of writing from a book Im currently reading, by Muhammad Asad.

"...-thou and I, we allow ourselves to be blown by the winds because we do know what we want: our hearts know it, even if our thoughts are sometimes slow to follow - but in the end they do catch up with our hearts and then we think we have made a decision..."

"...Neither of us has ever been a great talker. Besides, I have somehow been thrown into a mood of remembrance;...and so I cannot speak aloud, and speak only silently within myself and to myself, savouring the mood of my present through the many moods of my past."

"...-I know that I need quite another listener: one who not only has had no part in the early past of mine but would also be far away from the sight and smell and sound of the present days and nights: one before whom I could unwrap the pinpoints of my remembrance one by one, so that his eyes might see them and my eyes might see them again, and who would thus help me to catch my own life within the net of my words."


But anyone here is the present.

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.- I wandered lonely as a cloud, W. Wordsworth


Stand Up
STAND UP: You are a natural stand-up comedian. You
watch the news with people, and when you give
your opinions, people start laughing. They are
not laughing at you, they are laughing because
what you say is so TRUE. The world is a very
funny place, full of natural comedy. All you do
is repeat various humorous things that you
notice from everyday life. Your unique
perspective on the world is what makes you so
funny. Of all the various comedy types, you may
be the funniest of them all!

PREMIUM COMEDY OF YOUR TYPE IS WELCOMED AT:
[LINK REMOVED]


How funny are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: