Monday, November 14, 2005

weak threads

Having noticed, I have not said anything about Eid this year. Its not exactly the effect of being adverse to conformity nor am I pursuing a state of solidarity for the misfortune that has befallen certain nations. It is both but not exhaustive. I can't quite single out the abstract part... I'm stranded between a net of weak threads.

Grief is the pain of not having the person who is gone. It is universal and one must over come bereavement. The stages of grieving comes in 5 portions. First, its denial, or isolation. It is a defence mechanism that buffers the immediate shock. Then comes anger. Vulnerability(bargaining) comes in third followed by depression. But reaching the last stage of mourning is a gift not afforded to everyone. Unresolved grief is almost always about undelivered communications of an emotional nature. It hides the fact in what we see and believed in though Islam has never taught one to react in such a way.

Death is hereditary, its a step towards Acceptance.

3 comments:

Sam!! said...

salam.
first of all congrats to found 11 faces :) :)
well i juz missed one :( :(
anyhow a nice post infect very true, i do agree watever u had written
hope u keep in touch
takecare n have a nice time
samrina

Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

"Unresolved grief is almost always about undelivered communications of an emotional nature."

how so very very true.....

daffodilLament said...

samrina: Salaam to you! Thanks for yr lovely feedback. =)

adri: Thanks! Sadly its real and happening... o_0