Friday, July 28, 2006

the phone-call

*phone rings*

Mr Salesman: Hello, can I speak to Nursyeha?


me: Yes, this is She.


Mr Salesman: Well, you dont know me, but I'm a friend to Yan, do you know her or *some unknown name which i can't recall* ?


*at this point, I find this guy highly unnerving*

me: No, unfortunately, I don't know anyone of them.

Mr Salesman: Oh! Do u know Siti Haryanti?

me: Oh yes....

Mr Salesman: Right, so you see yr number is listed in the list we have here. And I'm calling to tell you about some of our Interesting product which you can purchase as I have all yr records here.

*he went on trying to intimidate me with his style-of talking*

*after some time...patience wearing thin*

me: thanx for the briefing, but I'm really not Interested. I'm still a student so all this purchasing of cosmetic products isn't on the top of my agenda right now.

Mr Salesman: Well, Syeha..how about yr parents...*giving those stupid, fake, irritating Malay laughs to show as if he caught u off-guard*...if you don't want to purchase, you can ask yr parents whether they want...and there's a high chance they might want it.

me: *cutting it short* Really, if I would want to purchase anything. I will do it on my own. So, don't worry. I will know where to go and what to buy for my own needs.

Mr Salesman: *not one to be out-done* Look, we have our own PipeLine so we want you to purchase it through us....

me: I know, but I'm really not Interested right now. Sorry.

Mr Salesman: Okay then, Thank you for yr time. Really appreciate that.

No comments: