Oh well, the point is, getting to know and feel of the institution before making a critical choice. I think. Given if I do have options. Nevertheless, it was such a good experience and I do favor the antiquated feeling of the ambience rather than just old and being well-established. Well, actually, the prof was so kind enough as to let me in!(had to, since the auditorium is so puny!)
I am reading Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter. Though I'm only at the beginning, I could tell that its one of past arcanic histories, you know stories on The Yin and Yang sort of thing. So its a good book, notwithstanding the mysterious finish. Amy Tan's the sort of author who writes about myths, family traditions, full of eccentric electrickeries and fast, spinning story plot that quite leaves you baffled towards the ending. The Joy Luck Club is in the same vein with this and her other books, which my two years of 'O'Level Literature was an exhausting experience! But, I still believe she is a good author and is worth your time reading!
Snippet of a funny bunny, I read:
The Physics Of Human Nature
>>"The Law of Relative Gravity" = Lighten up. A problem is only as heavy as you let it be.
>>"The Doppler Effect of Communication" = There is always distortion between what a speaker says and what a listener wants it to mean.
>>"The Centrifugal Force of Arguments" = The farther you move from the core of the problem, the farther the situation spins out of control.
Still searching for more to come. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment